Automation, is the ability to drive one application (Back end) from an external program (Front end). Programs such as Microsoft Excel (External program) can use Hysys as a calculation engine, that allow us to create new applications that invisibly use Hysys in the background. This through writing a VBA script.
We will see in this tutorial how to write a script in Visual Basic that will allow us to access and drive Hysys objects (Material stream and Unit Operation located in the Main and Sub flowsheets) from Microsoft Excel.
- Access Hysys objects from excel: Hysys Application, Simulation Case, Flowsheet, Subflowsheet, Stream, Unit Operations.
- Import a variable from Hysys to Excel.
- Read a stream property (Temperature, Mass Flow rate, Molar composition)
- Read a unit operation property
- Export a variable from Excel to Hysys.
- Write a stream property (Temperature)
- Write a unit operation property
- Use Array, Conditions (IF) and Loops (FOR) in VBA
Recommended IT skills:
- Concepts in a programming language.
Software required skills
- Familiarity with the Hysys environment.
- Steady state simulation.
Watch the tutorial
This course is AVAILABLE for premium members